14 April 2015

Nanta BBQ


 Hello There Everyone!  
Back with another of my foodventure post! 
I went to a korean restaurant called Nanta BBQ not long ago. I went there on two different times.

I went with Bridgitt to have our dinner. If you read my blog most of the time you should know her by now because she appears in almost every of my blog post ♥♥♥  HAHAHA she's someone who would always do food hunting with me!

I think most of you will know that i am a crazy kpop fan and i love anything korean. I extremely love korean cuisine!! It's sooooo yummy.

I've went to quite a number of korean restaurants lately and most of them were just the korean bbq but Nanta BBQ has bbq and also many korean dishes. But their bbq isn't the typical bbq you find in korean bbq restaurants tho, their bbq are the ones with the portable grilling pan and not the ones that is located on the table itself. (if you get what i mean)

We came in and the place is really nice! I purposely chose the table close to the TV because they were playing kpop songs and the thought of enjoying your food with good music is just awesome. (yes indeed, i did fangirl-ed too oops) Hahaha! Taeyang's Eyes, Nose, Lips were playing at that moment when i capture the photo!

The waitresses and waiters there are really friendly. There were koreans too! Once you are seated they will serve you cold water. But whats cool here is that there are rocks in the water! I guess they called it mineral rocks? I find it cool hahaha and yes, it just taste like normal water.

They will serve you the side dishes right after you've ordered your food. My favourite are the mushrooms and kimchi, its soooo good!!

 I think Nanta BBQ are famous for their cheese dishes. Search it up on google, it looks amazing. There were so many people eating that and i wanted to try it so badly but the main reason of me coming to Nanta BBQ was to try 짜장면 (Jjangjangmyeon), the korean black bean sauce noodles! 

 I've been wanting to try it for the longest time ever! Especially when it features in kshows/kdramas, it makes me so hungry because it looks so delicious!! The taste is definitely not what i expected it to be, i have no idea how to explain it but it is nice!!

Love how they add meat, potato and corn the most, yummm!!! 너무 맛있어!! (So delicious!!)
The part i look forward to most when eating Jjangjangmyeon was mixing the noodles hahaha!! Definitely would go for jjangjangmyeon again next time!

Bridgitt and I also ordered 김치 찌개 (Kimchi Jjigae) which is Kimchi Stew. My love for kimchi is huge. I cannot explain how yummy kimchi jjigae really is and I've had it many times before.

Ordered the typical famous korean grape juice, I've drank it quite a few times before and i love it!

Overall the food was amazing!

For my second visit to Nanta BBQ, i ordered Bulgogi (Beef) Rice! I forgot what's the actual name of the dish tho. I got it and it's really nice!!! The beef taste so nice and is well marinated. Best combination is definitely with rice and i love how it goes along with a fried egg!

Bridgitt got 짜장면 (Jjangjangmyeon) which was what we had during out first visit and couldn't resist but to get it again because we love it!!

Our food came along with a bowl of salad, we love it! But as personal preference, i like my salad with a lot of salad dressing so i wished it would have been a little more.

My rice came along with a bowl of  콩나물 국 (Kongnamul Guk), Beansprout Soup too!
I was happy they served this as I've been curious of what it taste like after watching kshows. I personally do not like beansprouts and i hate them a lot. I just drank the soup and it doesn't taste that bad (maybe its just because i hate beansprouts haha) with a slight hint of spicyness. 

Last but not least, the main side dishes that come along with your orders. Surprisingly, the side dishes were different from what i got from my first visit. I'm not sure if its because we ate lunch instead of dinner or its because they change it everyday. But nevertheless, its yummy!! Especially the anchovies and fishcake.

I had the same grape juice i got from my first visit but they served it in a glass. I was shocked but i liked it because i didn't have to pour the drink myself hahahaha!

And that's all for this post! I might go back for the 3rd time (muahahaha) I want to try out their famous cheese dishes and would also love to try 냉면 (Naengmyeon), korean cold noodle!

If you'd like to give Nanta BBQ  a try, head down to:

#01-175 / #01-177 Goldhill Centre, 
175 Thomson Road S307624, Singapore

I always love going for food hunting and eating yummy food, can't wait for more!! As I've said, i've been to korean bbq restaurants lately and i did not do any post on it but if you'd like me to one, do tell me and i will do it the next time i go ^_^ Till then, look forward to more of my food post! 

Leave down your suggestions/questions on my ask.fm.
Have a great day ahead! 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment